Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daily Report for Sunday, April 6th

Many of my English II students have decided to join us on this trip to Cambodia, even though they are missing 3 days of classes and a 2-3 page essay on Autism. In exchange for skipping that assignment, I decided to offer my students write daily blog reports on what kind of things we were doing in Cambodia. Today, we mostly spent the day on a 6-hour drive from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, so the action that we experienced was relatively uneventful. However, my student Sky decided to focus her article on her various adventures, feelings, and experiences on this trip.

This trip had been half way through, and all the things had been passing so fast that I have not recognized the time. We had spent five days in Siem Reap and spent lots of time with kids. I really love those kids. Even through their life is hard and simple but what on their faces is always happiness. When I was with them, I feel love and joy all the time, it is more than anything I had experience now! They don’t like us have phone, computer, video game, even eclectics are a hard thing for them; however, they get much better life than us. The simple life gave them opportunity to feel the love from God, and know the joy of life.

Because of them, I had the chance to learn work for people is a happy thing in life. I used to complain when I help people, about how hot the weather is, how tired the work is, but I never think about how happy they will be after they saw the work I did. In the time in the orphanage, others used to say how tried and sick they are, and how is they know the trip is going to be, they won’t come. However, when I was doing my work, all I thinks is,” When the kids came home and see all the new house they have, they will be so joyful and running away! ” When I think all of these, I really want to work hard and try to finish all the work! I hardly feel tried or sick, even my hand get really dirty and sticky. And those kids had always be the best things that make me feel energetic!

When is the time for us to leave, I got really upset. I want to be with them, and having them every day. They still get smile on their face; they didn’t know that we won’t go back. Their smile made me feel sadder, how they will feel when they find out we won’t be there the next day, the sad face they will have on their face. It just makes me feel more upset. I wish I will be able to be back there one day, and they will recognize me again.

The other more memorize view is the sun rise in Angkor Wat temple. The temple there were make up by stone and it is mostly gray color. When the sun rise and the sunshine shine on the temple, it feels like a new life began, and became very brighter and brighter. They had drawing on the stone, it show the story of the ancient time. They didn’t have colorful temple like Chinese, not huge White Church like West or Europe; but theirs are solemn and holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment